Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wildcard round breakdown...and a beer mention!

The playoffs rule!
Wildcard round this weekend and I'm breaking down the games.
Here's Saturdays lineup...


Indy at San Diego

Peyton Manning is in top form coming into the playoffs. 
He had a slow start this year after surgery on his knee, 
but the Colts have won 9 in a row with Peyton single handedly
 willing the team to at least 5 of the victories.

Phillip Rivers has flown under the radar in San Diego this season.
He leads the league in QB rating, has thrown 34 touchdowns to 11 picks, 
passed for over 4000 yards and all this without a premier wideout and 
LaDanian Tomlinson having the worst year of his career.

That being said, the Colts are the more consistent and 
well rounded team and I expect them to put a whipping on the Chargers.
LT and tight end Antonio Gates may be out, and if they do play, they won't be close to 100%.

Colts 27  Chargers 13


Atlanta at Arizona

This one is a bit tougher to call in my opinion.
Both teams find themselves in unfamiliar territory... playing football in January!

The Falcons are a young team, led by rookie QB Matt Ryan and first year starting RB
Michael Turner. They've outplayed expectations all year and have a solid chance of upsetting
the Cards at home...if their defense can limit the explosive arial attack of QB Kurt Warner and his now 3 talented WR's Boldin, Fitzgerald and Rookie Steve Breaston.

Arizona 31 Atlanta 24










Now I'm going to take a second to talk about my all time most consumed beer. I was going to call it my favorite, but I prefer to believe that my favorite beer is one i have yet to drink!

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale


This perfect little potion is the reason I look like a bloated soccer fan.

I've been to the brewery with my good friend Lou.
We both got a sampler, and like kids in an alcoholic candy store, put it back in about 10 minutes.
It turns out that's the equivalent of 3+ beers, too fast.
 The car ride home was strange and I'm pretty sure we drank marijuana smoke out of a frozen glass later(?!?)...
Chico California is crazy.


I'll talk about the other games in another post... i'm lazy.









No comments: